Here's lookin at you kid...

Here's lookin at you kid...
The eyes are the windows to the soul...

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Christmas and New Year

Between the two main celebration nights can seem like a bit of a limbo. OK, there are sales and stuff, other parties etc to go to but between one and the other is always a bit of anti-climax/anticipation for me - it's a feeling that is a bit weird and never happens at any other time of year.

Last year was different, me and my husband were away from home at Christmas and though we had a wonderful time with some fabulous people, it just didn't quiet seem like 'proper' Christmas.

This Christmas has been simply lovely. The day itself was spent with our children and their boyfriend and girlfriend and the day was relaxed, chilled and thoroughly enjoyable.
We didn't open any presents until everyone arrived, mid-afternoon and the anticipation was all the better for it.
The Christmas dinner went very well indeed and I was so well-prepared that I had made a pudding from scratch. It wasn't the usual heavy Christmas pudding that my grandmother used to make, instead I made a delicious panna cotta with rum-soaked sultanas at the bottom - it went down exceptionally well if I do say so myself.

Boxing day was spent shopping for bargains - coats and (more) notebooks - I'm a hoarder when it comes to notebooks. Then we went on to family and friends.

Today will be spent doing what I love - at my computer or in a chair somewhere, writing, jotting down ideas and plots, story structures etc. I truly am blessed that I can do this and I appreciate that everyone that has read my work seems to enjoy the stories. Even when someone doesn't enjoy the story, they still seem able to tell me what they didn't like about it and that helps me to improve my writing in the future.

Now, New Year's Eve... I'm looking forward to it although I haven't made any resolutions yet.

I know one thing... next year's Christmas will be entirely different in our household - there's going to be a new baby and so the cycle starts all over. Christmas will probably not be as relaxed as this one has been - not for a few years to come - and I can't wait!

Wow, this has been a random and rambling blog to get me back into the swing of things... I suppose I have to make a New Year's resolution then - to try to keep this up as a regular thing.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and for New Year? I can only wish one thing:

A Hopeful and Healthy Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment