Here's lookin at you kid...

Here's lookin at you kid...
The eyes are the windows to the soul...

Thursday 26 April 2012

When Opportunity Knocks...

What do you do? Do you open the door, invite it in, make it comfortable, offer drinks, biscuits, cake?

Or do you grab your coat, lock the front door and follow Opportunity wherever Opportunity wants to take you?

I've grabbed my coat and we're now on the way down the street to goodness knows where.

Opportunity knocking on my door in this case is a metaphor of course... it was actually a phone call.

I'm excited... almost too excited to type out this blog yet, here I am, containing my excitement, tapping the keys to let you all know what I'm up to - just in case you're interested.
I'm about to launch into a direction of my career that quite frankly, I could never have foreseen. I'm not a presenter, I'm not a researcher, I'm not... well actually, instead of saying what I'm not... how about I say what I am!
I've done a few video interviews with a few very interesting people.
So, it's possible that I could be a presenter.

I've researched lots and lots of history, facts, figures and events and I put a lot of time into research for my books.
So, it's absolutely right that I'm a researcher.

I'm a novelist, a politician, a mother, grandmother, wife, biker, ex-bouncer and manufacturer of Robbie Williams' Rock DJ pants. I've raised money for charity, I've written a play (that shall be glossed over because it's VERY tongue-in-cheek and risqué) and I've acted in that play. I was the Wicked Queen and a few (a lot) of my friends have made mention that there was actually no 'acting' involved... I've 'performed' a few 'dance routines' in front of a LOT of people (around 800 at a time) and as they're all bikers and sometimes very scary people (yeah, ok, not really) it was quite a feat to stay on the stage and continue to the end.

Now comes a change of direction in my career. It's scary to think about it - BLOODY scary. But that's something that I have to get over, I think. It's something that I can't change, it's something that those that matter to me wouldn't want me to change and so I have to come to terms with it. I can't change my appearance. I've never been confident in the way I look. Yes, that's right, I'm NOT confident of my appearance. I never have been really. But now, I have to either get confident or blag it and hope that one meets the other in the middle.

The new and exciting project I have is to do a series of documentaries with Reality Entertainment. Wish me luck... this is the Deep End and I don't think I have my rubber ring to hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment